Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Untitled.

Memories

Come sliding through the glass doors
at midnight

a mist of complexities
weaving wraiths and ghosts

Pale against heavy drapes
a lightless parade
figures haloed with scent
and sound.

I rise to greet an unborn child
his wild unformed fingers
reaching for an embrace
left behind on a wet August night
twelve years ago.

I hug air
whisper kiss his never brow
and tell him how I loved him

love him still

Fierce and strong my hold
on his imagined weight
the new born smell
I know so well
fills senses

He is real

as real as his sister

that never was

She waits her turn
large eyes
bright pin points of promise
blending into the glow of standby lights
on computer towers.

Together they question time
why it never allowed them to join the flow

why they are caught as a moment
come and gone

I try to explain
loss
and how it wakes their mother
brings tears
a silver glisten
in the moons pale revelations

They are mine tonight
to seek

to speak to

Their mother
rests peaceful
on the bed where they were made
her rise fall released breath
enveloping them

They leave me

as they left me so long ago

go to her

seep into her

to become tears
a silver glisten
in the moons pale revelations.

























5 comments:

burning moon said...

What a beautiful light touch for such a sad tale.

Woven in gossamer words, such fleeting ghosts soften the lines.

well done

Chris Never said...

Thanks kid, I'm wondering if its too light, it doesn't really impart the sadness I had hoped it would.

Bridget M. said...

It isn't. I found it shockingly sad, in a quiet way. Which doesn't sound quite right. It was profoundly sad and I didn't expect it. Nicely done.

Aching. That's what it was. Achingly sad.

Forgive me, the words come slowly after a long day. Keep up the talented entries.

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Monitor de LCD, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://monitor-de-lcd.blogspot.com. A hug.

Chris Never said...

Hi Bridget,

I guess, when I write something from personal experience, I want it to be the height of the emotion I felt or feel.

This almost expresses the sense of loss, but not quite, and I really wanted to achieve that, I don't often set expectations on the poems I write, but I did with this.

Appreciate your comments,I will mull it over, maybe rework, or maybe write another one on it.


As for you Monitor lcd, are you sure you didnt comment on my blog simply to try and lure me into buying a lcd monitor????
Perish the thought lol.